Sara over at NinjaPanza is awesome and sent me my very first blog award! Check her blog out, not just because she awarded me, but because she writes some really great, funny stuff. (I really loved especially her spot-on posts about the conflicting feelings that go along with breastfeeding.) Oh, and her son is adorable!
To accept this award, I must post 10 "honest scraps" about myself and nominate 5 bloggers to do the same to receive their own award. It really is a great way to get to know each other better!
Here we go:
- I am serious about karaoke and will belt out a song like I'm on American Idol. I will secretly cry inside if someone sings offkey (but I will appreciate their effort none-the-less!)
- I studied opera for fun in college. It was an interesting change of pace from karaoke!
- I speak Italian but did not learn it from my parents, who speak a Sicilian dialect. I took Italian language classes in school for 9 years.
- I love love love circus peanuts candy.
- I am really afraid of flying. My husband, whose father is a retired pilot, is not afraid and doesn't understand how I could be. He buys me above mentioned circus peanuts before flights to make me feel better. I wish they were laced with tranquilizers.
- I like watching tween shows like Hannah Montana and That's So Raven. Perhaps I feel like I'm still 16 at heart.
- I was brought up to be really supersticious. Even though I try hard not to, I can't help getting twitchy when people put shoes on tables, turn bread upside down, give me the malocchio (evil eye), etc.
- I love country music.
- I have lived in New York State my entire life (with a couple month foray into Weeeeeeeeehawken, NJ). My husband has lived in Dubai, Germany, Ireland, New York, Texas and Florida.
- I am a fan of the Shandy (beer + sprite) and will order them in bars even if people think I am a weeny because of it! :)
- Me and Mine in a Small Town
- Cry Me a River of Love and Laughter
- Expect Miracles
- This Loved Life
- Surrounded by Boys