To accept this award, I must post 10 "honest scraps" about myself and nominate 5 bloggers to do the same to receive their own award. It really is a great way to get to know each other better!
Here we go:
- I am serious about karaoke and will belt out a song like I'm on American Idol. I will secretly cry inside if someone sings offkey (but I will appreciate their effort none-the-less!)
- I studied opera for fun in college. It was an interesting change of pace from karaoke!
- I speak Italian but did not learn it from my parents, who speak a Sicilian dialect. I took Italian language classes in school for 9 years.
- I love love love circus peanuts candy.
- I am really afraid of flying. My husband, whose father is a retired pilot, is not afraid and doesn't understand how I could be. He buys me above mentioned circus peanuts before flights to make me feel better. I wish they were laced with tranquilizers.
- I like watching tween shows like Hannah Montana and That's So Raven. Perhaps I feel like I'm still 16 at heart.
- I was brought up to be really supersticious. Even though I try hard not to, I can't help getting twitchy when people put shoes on tables, turn bread upside down, give me the malocchio (evil eye), etc.
- I love country music.
- I have lived in New York State my entire life (with a couple month foray into Weeeeeeeeehawken, NJ). My husband has lived in Dubai, Germany, Ireland, New York, Texas and Florida.
- I am a fan of the Shandy (beer + sprite) and will order them in bars even if people think I am a weeny because of it! :)
- Me and Mine in a Small Town
- Cry Me a River of Love and Laughter
- Expect Miracles
- This Loved Life
- Surrounded by Boys